Made with Love is 100% PLASTIC-FREE!
At Made with Love Delectable Edibles, our vision and commitment mean we work hard to source earth-safe packaging and natural, fair-trade and organic materials. To our family, this is essential earth stewardship, a choice guided by our own personal values, not profit margins.
We choose our packaging consciously with our planet's health in mind, opting for natural materials which are reusable, recyclable or biodegradable.
Hand-crafted in small batches, our products and packages do not have to last forever, as they are bought and consumed quickly. This allows us to avoid common big business pitfalls: preservatives to increase shelf life and synthetic plastic packages to stand up to years of transport and storage.
"How We Love Our Planet"
At Made with Love we are EARTH-SAFE:
- Made with Love is 60-80% organically grown or certified organic, made with 100% natural, No-GMO, non-irradiated ingredients with RAW sun dried, locally grown, fairly-traded & "one hug away" from a small farm family, ingredient choices whenever possible.
- Our products contain no free flowing agents, silicon dioxide preservatives or additives: (These can be added to food products, up to 1% each WITHOUT any requirements to list as a label ingredient). Please use a chopstick or skewer to poke your spice blend to loosen.
- Our products are handcrafted by local BC Artisans in Kamloops, B.C. from the most eco-friendly ingredients we can source.
- Our bottles are recycleable / reuseable glass.
- Our labels are made from unbleached, recycled or tree free papers attached with an organic flour & water paste or 100% natural, hemp, jute or sissal twine from natural plant fibres or tiny metal staples - all earth based natural fibres.
- All our bags are unbleached recycled paper or cellulose, a clear, biodegradable, compostable film made from plant fibres.
- Our beeswax comes from Happy local small farm bees who snack on their own honey; our global bee population is dying - many farmers (even organic ones) feed their bees high fructose corn syrup and glucose rather than honey. Ingesting large amounts of glucose affects the human body poorly, creating disease and illness, likely bees have a similar negative immune response.
Find out More: Watch Queen of the Sun -
Each year, we develop more relationships with small farm organic growers and grow even more of our herbs in our own greenhouse and market gardens. Our ingredients are a mix of RAW small farm air/sun dried and large scale organic kiln dried. Everything we make is hand crafted by local artisans and all our packaging is green, plastic-free, compostable and
Made with Love Delectable Edibles is not certified organic, but 60-80% of our grains, legumes, seeds, vegetables, pasta, herbs and spices are grown organically or sourced from certified organic suppliers. Our flours are now small-farm local, organically grown and hand-milled in British Columbia.
Due to fluctuations in global markets, our available organic ingredients shift regularly...one season jalapenos are in abundance organically, the next they are impossible to find...so our ingredient labels do not recognize all our organic content.
Please know that our commitment to you - from our little family to yours - is to focus all our business choices towards the most earth-safe and healthy options available, always.
We recommend you use our glass bottled Spice Blends and Magic Meals within 6-12 months of purchase to achieve their best flavour potential. Cellulose bags should be used within 2-3 months of purchase as these are less air tight and allow the evaporation of essential spice oils and flavours.
As our company grows we are commited to learning more about earthfriendly packaging, sourcing even better options and becoming an industry leader in reducing garbage. Please feel free to email us, if you feel you know something we don't! We can all work together to make our planet happy, so please share your insights and ideas so we can grow.